We Help Heart Patients and Their Families
At the time you are about to go into or are in the hospital for heart surgery we:
- Provide a preoperative visit with you, the patient
- Provide a preoperative visit with your family or caregiver
- Make available hospital approved materials regarding ongoing heart health
- Discuss in-patient and out-patient cardiac rehabilitation
- Our volunteers are available to just listen to your concerns
After you leave the hospital our chapter and the national Mended Hearts organization offers:
- A HeartGuide packet of important heart health and materials directly related to Chapter 200 functions
- A follow up telephone call to encourage you during your recovery
- An invitation to attend a monthly Support Group Meeting
- An opportunity to attend ongoing Support Group Meetings, held on the first Saturday of every month. Meetings are scheduled should a holiday fall on a first Saturday.
- Mended Hearts membership is not required for you or a caregiver to attend a Support Group Meeting.
- No one from Mended Hearts will make a financial solicitation request of a patient or their family
- Mended Hearts is non-denominational and follows strict federally mandated privacy guidelines